About the Association
The Association was formed in 1944 and is an independent organisation representing the interests of Parish & Town Councils in Lancashire, Merseyside and Greater Manchester. The Lancashire Association also incorporates the Merseyside Association of Parish & Town Councils.
It is governed by an Executive Committee, comprising the President, Mr Roy Fisher MBE JP DL FRIBA FRTPI, Vice Presidents, Chairman, Vice Chairman and representatives elected by each Area Committee. The AGM is held each year in November.
The Association is represented on a number of committees and groups, including the North West Federation of Town and Parish Councils, which comprises the county associations of Cheshire, Lancashire, Merseyside and Cumbria.
The aim of the Association is to offer support to member councils to help them achieve the highest standards of Local Government, to offer training through the County Training Partnership and to represent the first tier of local government as widely as possible. Updates and information are regularly distributed to members and the office is open Monday to Friday, usually 9am – 5pm, but occasionally there is no-one available after 3pm.
LALC is affiliated to the National Association of Local Councils, which gives members access to legal and policy advice. The Chairman and Executive Secretary attend National conferences which provide updates on policy and provide networking opportunities with other County Associations.
The Association organises its own conference annually.
- Campaign to Protect Rural England
- Lancashire Playing Fields Association
- Best Kept Village Competition Committee
- Lancaster University Court
- Lancashire Local Access Forum
- Northern Regional Group of Parish Councils
- North West Federation of Parish and Town Councils
- Forest of Bowland Joint Advisory Committee
- Lancashire Rural Partnership
- NALC Council Member
- Lancashire Biodiversity Section Plan Steering Group
- North West Rural Affairs Forum
- County Training Partnership
- LCC Bus Shelter Working Group
- North Lancashire LAG Executive
- Lancashire Community Cohesion Partnership