WHAT DID THE ROMANS EVER DO FOR US??
Or – Why be a member of LALC?
The very first question asked when the subject of membership of the Association is raised are usually,
What does the LALC do for us?
The advantages of Association membership are not always obvious. Perhaps the best approach is the features/benefits method of appraisal.
- LALC represents over 200 Parish & Town Councils
- Strength in numbers. LALC amplifies the voice of individual Councils
- Five Full Working Day Office
- Excellent access to fully qualified staff via telephone, e-mail
- 1st Stop Shop for Advice
- For a wide variety of subject matter – get the right information first time!
- Only Access to NALC
- Access to free legal advice, which is defined on a National basis
- Training Provision
- Uniform & consistent up to date training including the latest National Developments.
- Quality Parish Status/Clerk’s Certificate
- Training & support for all elements required for attaining accreditation and best way to approach effectively
- Charter Representation
- LALC can effectively negotiate a Charter, which truly represents member Councils’ best interest with Principal Authorities.
- Quarterly Newsletter
- Lets Councils know what is happening on a wider scale good ideas, tips & hints – who’s moving & shaking, how to do & achieve.
- Public Works Loans
- Currently, the only route to gaining consent is through your County Association. This could be your Council’s means of kick starting funding.
- Increasingly Principal Authorities look to County Associations as their first (and ongoing) point of contact in consultation exercises. As a member Council, you have the power of an Association to provide evidence baselines to furnish Councils with information.
- Dissemination of Information
- The channel through which information is directed to Councils from the Government and other bodies
- Wider Representation
- The Association is a member of the Northwest Federation of Parish/Town Councils. Also a member of the Northern Group of Parish/Town Councils
- Area Meetings
- Networking opportunities with other councils. A stronger voice to approach principal authorities. Representation on outside bodies.
- Annual Conference
- A wide range of speakers and activities. Wider networking opportunities.
- Executive Committee
- Comprises representatives from the area committees. Gives representation on a range of other bodies, including the NALC Council.